Thursday, May 13, 2010

Further explanation

Back of the house and master bedroom

The back door and stairs will exit to a deck built around the live oaks behind the house


A very special thanks to Ben @ ModernAustin.com for featuring our rendering and blog information today. We actually found J.C. Schmeil via Ben's site, and for that we thank him.

I suppose a better description of our focus and project are in order. We are building on 3 individual lots (2 of which will be for sale). The lots are 75x180 ft. Having said that, we wanted to create a feeling of privacy by placing the houses on the back of the lots. We plan on staggering the second house (lot 8, building on 9 currently) so as to not block any of the views. This house was designed with Lake life in mind (boat storage and outdoor entertaining). I don't know much about Feng shui but I do know that we have the water element covered(stones throw to Lake Austin, 2 boat ramps in the neighborhood). The shed style roof is south facing so solar is an option that will be available.
We went with an inverted floor plan so the canopy/treehouse feeling was taken full advantage of.

I truly wish I could enjoy this cool/wet weather that is currently gracing our lovely town but I'm afraid concrete is on my mind.
And with that I bid you adieu

More to come...

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE following things like this (as I have my own blog) and would LOVE to see a floorplan included. Thanks for sharing JC.
    Rob Carnochan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks much. I will get those up soon.

    ReplyDelete